Go Back   SPLADDLE! > Off Topic > The Mos Eisley Cantina!

Notices

The Mos Eisley Cantina! Got some Rotties to post? What did Obama do? How will you prepare for the Zombieapocalypse?!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
Xen Nova
Valar Morguhlis

Rep Power: 2328 Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!
Default Scumbag Christian

made me lol, I tried to explain this to someone year ago and they never got it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I think I can do things that other people think are impossible.
- Anderson Silva
Xen Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
jonwell
Fat Guy Grappling CEO/vegan squad

Rep Power: 2308 jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!jonwell pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!

LOL
jonwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
ausgepicht
TEAM CHUCKA LISA

Rep Power: 5 ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!
Send a message via Yahoo to ausgepicht

I would like to fight that smarmy fool. Fight him right in his face.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ausgepicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
kot1k
Smell the embarrassment!

Rep Power: 2329 kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!

You can't fight Kirk Cameron.

A Banana is shaped like your hand for a reason. And that reason is that you can't fight Kirk Cameron.
kot1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
Xen Nova
Valar Morguhlis

Rep Power: 2328 Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!Xen Nova pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot1k View Post
You can't fight Kirk Cameron.

A Banana is shaped like your hand for a reason. And that reason is that you can't fight Kirk Cameron.

And this one hits a little too close to home for me-

lol

- Anderson Silva
Old 11-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
Xen Nova
Valar Morguhlis

For Rev-

- Anderson Silva
Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
the rev
official spladdle chaplan

Rep Power: 2312 the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!the rev pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!

all of the "christian" holidays are a mixture of pagan festivals. It is what gives the zietgeist people fuel. But there are some pretty understandable reasons why:

The first is political power. In order to create the holy Roman Church, and therefore shore up the control of the empire, they needed to get the pagans on board. So they Christianized pagan festivals, and vice versa.

The second is missionary work. There is a belief in missions strategy that says the gospel is already in whatever culture you are trying to convert. Therefore you must pay attention and look for the truths in that culture, in order to take the path of least resistance. In other words, "you believe this, but it is actually just a picture of what is the real truth".

So in both of these situations you see the mixing of pagan and Christian imagery and ritual. In my opinion Christmas does this the worst, way worse than Halloween.

There was a time when I only celebrated Christmas because my wife told me I had to for the kids, now I am much more laid back. This is where it came from, but its not why I do it. I give presents to people to celebrate the gift of Jesus to the world. I have a dinner and eat candy to celebrate Jesus rising from the grave. I give candy out to costumed kids to celebrate women dressed like strippers that I don't have to pay to watch.

rev

the rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
Xen Nova
Valar Morguhlis

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rev View Post
There was a time when I only celebrated Christmas because my wife told me I had to for the kids, now I am much more laid back. This is where it came from, but its not why I do it. I give presents to people to celebrate the gift of Jesus to the world. I have a dinner and eat candy to celebrate Jesus rising from the grave. I give candy out to costumed kids to celebrate women dressed like strippers that I don't have to pay to watch.

rev

- Anderson Silva
Old 11-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
kot1k
Smell the embarrassment!

Rep Power: 2329 kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!kot1k pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!

Rev loves Halloween for the right reasons.
kot1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
ausgepicht
TEAM CHUCKA LISA

Rep Power: 5 ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!ausgepicht pwns all Spladdlers like a bunch of rented mules!
Send a message via Yahoo to ausgepicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rev View Post
all of the "christian" holidays are a mixture of pagan festivals. It is what gives the zietgeist people fuel. But there are some pretty understandable reasons why:

The first is political power. In order to create the holy Roman Church, and therefore shore up the control of the empire, they needed to get the pagans on board. So they Christianized pagan festivals, and vice versa.

The second is missionary work. There is a belief in missions strategy that says the gospel is already in whatever culture you are trying to convert. Therefore you must pay attention and look for the truths in that culture, in order to take the path of least resistance. In other words, "you believe this, but it is actually just a picture of what is the real truth".

So in both of these situations you see the mixing of pagan and Christian imagery and ritual. In my opinion Christmas does this the worst, way worse than Halloween.

rev
There is yet another facet to those holidays and it's a secular one.

ausgepicht is offline   Reply With Quote